Groups can be an excellent way to focus on specific areas of development in a fun and motivating environment. It allows for your child to learn and practice particular skills through therapist directed learning and peer interactions.
Ability Focus Occupational Therapy are continually developing group programs to meet a range of needs in the community and have the privilege of also developing groups with other health professionals such as Speech Pathologists, Psychologists and Physiotherapists.
Our current groups include:
- SPOT Play! Group. For children aged between 3 and 5 explore a range of fine motor, gross motor, language and speech skills using play.
- SPOT School Readiness Group. For children who are transitioning into Kindergarten the following year.
- Fussy Eaters Group. For parents who have children that are fussy eaters.
- Handwriting Group. For children in Kindergarten, Year 1 – Year 3.
- Self-Regulation Group. For children aged 10-15 years who struggle regulating their sensory systems and emotions.
- Play & Grow Playgroup. For 6-18 month old babies and their parents/carers. Six week playgroup facilitated by Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologist, Feeding Speech Pathologist, Physiotherapist and Child Psychologist.
We are excited to announce our School Holidays groups for the upcoming Christmas Holidays. Dates and further details will be announced soon.